- About Us
- What’s New
- Good News Stories
- Join Us
Goals of the Becoming Neighbours Ministry
- To match companions with immigrants and refugees according to their preferences.
- To provide emotional support and foster independence so that immigrants and refugees reclaim self-confidence and self-esteem.
- To provide an effective means of cultural exchange in a non-threatening safe environment and in an atmosphere of trust and friendship.
- To break isolation and help the adaptation into a new society.
- To assist immigrants and refugees to become active community members
- To create a bridge between the community and the immigrant and refugee in order to address issues that require systemic change.
Becoming Neighbours ministry opens the door to forge new relationships while creating a link to community.
The relationship that develops between the immigrant and refugee and the companion provides an effective avenue of cultural exchange: the immigrant or refugee learns about his/her new environment while the companion is exposed to different cultures and traditions.
At Becoming Neighbours, WE BELIEVE AN INDIVIDUAL CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Our “community-based” outreach approach helps to empower immigrants and refugees and makes their integration into the community easier.
Becoming Neighbours is a collaborative ministry with a clear multicultural focus.
- Events are coming soon, stay tuned!
Sisters of St. Joseph Toronto
Brothers of the Christian School
Congregation of Notre Dame
Missionary Sisters of the Precious Blood
Faithful Companions of Jesus
Grey Sisters of Pembroke
Brothers of the Good Shepherd
Institute of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Loretto Sisters)
Our Lady's Missionaries
Passionist Community of Canada
Sisters of Service
Sisters of Social Service
Sisters of Our Lady of Sion